Adelie and I had a date day of rock climbing and lunch while Zach took Briggs to the Children's museum in Peoria and Staley enjoyed the trampoline park with Grammie, Grandpa, and Liam.
The climbing gym was empty, so Adelie had the best time climbing routes over and over and over again. She climbed for a few hours straight and mastered getting to the top of her favorite route. I love when I get special one-on-one time with my kids.
I also enjoyed some two on one time with my girls when we went to see the musical, 'Tarzan', at a local community theater.
We all really enjoyed it and the girls have been singing the songs incessantly ever since we went.
A local movie theater was showing some classic Disney movies on week-ends during September. We went as a family to see 'Peter Pan' and I took the girls and a friend to see 'The Little Mermaid'. (I might have drifted off in those comfy recliners in the dark theater a time or two.)
Briggs and I have enjoyed some fun outings on the days he's home with me while the girls are in school. We went to Rader Farms with Aunt Melissa and Lucy. We also enjoyed the Bloomington zoo and a visit to Zach at work one day, as well as exploring some new playgrounds in neighboring towns to expand our playground repertoire.
The library hosted a fun end-of-summer event with root beer floats, bouncy house, crafts, and games. The kids all enjoyed it, especially because they all ran into friends to play with while we were there.
We enjoyed Eureka Homecoming festivities. Briggs and I rode in the parade on his pre-school float. Although he was initially nervous and cried, he pulled it together and had a great time riding with his friends and throwing candy. The girls also had a great time watching the parade and getting candy. And we all enjoyed the football game as a family that evening.
We've also enjoyed the beginning of the NFL football season...and some final trips to Uncle Bob's ice cream as fall quickly approaches.
Although that transition from summer to school isn't always fun, it's been pretty smooth for our family. We've settled into our new routine and gotten used to the busy-ness, but always find plenty of opportunities to enjoy family fun along the way.









