Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, November 25, 2019

She Writes...

Staley can often be found reading or writing.  I love to find poems, stories, plays, and lists around that Staley has written (or started).  Here is a sampling of things I've found that make me smile.  (I tried to leave in the spelling and punctuation to keep this as authentic as possible.)

A Halloween poem that Staley wrote on our snowy Halloween:
"Halloween is fun even when it's just begun.
To trick or treating you can't say no.
even when theres lots of snow."

A poem using similes and metaphors that Staley wrote at school about Briggs:
"Briggs is my brother he's really really fun.
He is as fun as a game of apples to apples.
He is as playful as a kitten.
He's nice like my mom.
He's fast like flash.
He is as silly as my sister.
He's great like Christmas."

A paper that Staley wrote on her own as a Sunday School lesson for Briggs:
"Most people know god loves us and most people know he wants us to love Him.  But what els does he want us to do and what do we get in return?  if you have respect for the Lord you will be wise.  If you have trust in the LORD you will not be put to shame.  Proverbs 1:7  if you want to be wise you must begin by having respect for the LORD.  Psalms 25: 1-2  In the LORD my god I put my trust.  Matthew 15:28   woman you have great faith!  you will get what you are asking for.  Overall message:  Have faith, Respect, and trust in the LORD.  Every day messages for a 4 year old:  Jesus loves me; Jesus is always with me we are never alone; Jesus died for our sins; We should love god; Jesus created us."

I'm not sure if Staley just found those verses in her Bible or if she was using a Sunday School paper that she had brought home as a guide, but I love that she put together this whole lesson for Briggs based on biblical truths that she has learned.

A school paper about things that Staley can't imagine life without:
"I can't imagine life without my family, god, and NTA.  I can't imagine life without NTA because it is the gruop I do plays with and plays are my favorite activity.  I can't imagine life without my family because I love them.  I can't imagine life without god because without god there would be nothing."

A series of animal poems that Staley wrote over the summer:
"Far off in Africa lives the king of all cats he growls and roars his mane oh so hairy and is he big very"

"Racoon:  A black and white bandit a thif in the night he steels from the trash can and then he'll dash out of sight.  he's a sneaky guy so he won't be caght in the act in some of his midnight crime."

"A groovy blue footed booby ya there realy cool but I think they got too cold because it's feet are blue."

"The hummingbird:  He beats his wings so fast they hum and soon some day he will come here and when he does he won't cry one tear in fact he won't be at all sad he will be quite glad."

"deep in the jungle where animals play I saw a big ape just taking a rest I woke him by mistake and he ponnded his chest I ran away scared I just was not prepared to meet a gorilla that day"