The other day Zach and Staley were discussing a movie they were planning to watch together that had swear words in it. Zach asked Staley if she knew any swear words, to which she answered, "I think I know a few." Zach then asked if any of her friends used swear words at school. Staley was a little appalled and responded, "No! That doesn't start until 7th grade."
So apparently we have a few more years before our daughter starts cursing like a sailor.
Staley and I were having a discussion about internet safety. We were talking about not communicating with people you don't know over the internet because they may not be who they say they are. When Staley asked why someone would do that, I just said, "There are just some creepy people in the world." To which Staley knowingly replied, "Like vampires."
Vampires might not top my concerns of creepy people on the internet, but best to stay away from them too.
Adelie and Zach were having a discussion about saving money. Adelie told Zach that she was saving her money for college. Zach commended her for thinking ahead, but told her that we were saving money for her college so that she wouldn't have to pay for it. Adelie said, "Okay. I'm saving my money for kittens too."
College and kittens. It's good to think ahead and determine those priorities that are worth saving for.
Briggs and Adelie have recently been reading and listening to audiobooks in the series 'A to Z Mysteries' about 3 kids in a small town who solve a variety of mysteries. Tonight Briggs mused, "Do you know what confuses me? In the A to Z Mysteries, why don't the people move away from the town since all the crimes seem to happen there?"