When we were new home owners starting to decorate our house, I accumulated a number of decorative clocks that I liked. Many of them were difficult to tell time on, but I liked their fun, modern look. We still have them hanging in our house as decor, but because we don't typically use them functionally to tell time, we are not good about replacing batteries or keeping them running. It has probably been several years since they were actually working.
The other day, Zach replaced all the batteries in our various clocks and made sure they were all working. Now we have a handful clocks that were previously static that now the second hand is moving or the pendulum is swinging. The morning after Zach had fixed the clocks, Briggs came running up to me and said, "Mom! Mom! The clocks are doing amazing things!"
Yep. They are working. Guess the bar for "amazing" is pretty low at our house.