Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, November 17, 2022

I Love to Twirl

When Staley was little, she had a very favorite outfit.  It was her 'I Love to Twirl' dress.  She wanted to wear it every single day.  If it was in her closet, I could generally not talk her into wearing anything else.  I had to start keeping it in the laundry room for a few days after I had washed it just so that she would wear other clothes.

Now Staley is almost 12.  She has a favorite Hamilton sweatshirt.  Although she doesn't wear it every single day, she wears it at least once a week.  If it's clean in her closet, she's generally wearing it.  We have started to refer to this sweatshirt as her 'I Love to Twirl' dress.


My kids all have closets and dressers full of clothes, yet they all seem to rotate through about 5 favorite shirts/outfits, ignoring many of the cute things they own.  I find myself laundering the same cycle of clothing week in and week out.  This week I gave them a challenge of wearing something in their closet every day that they haven't worn yet this fall.  Sometimes it's frustrating to me to see all those unworn clothes hanging in their closets while they wear the same things again and again.  But then I look down at myself wearing one of my favorite sweatshirts yet again...

and realize it may just be genetic.