Adelie and I were talking on my way to take her to Penguin rehearsal tonight, and she shared a few gems that I don't want to forget.
In talking about volleyball:
"I kind of like being a bench warmer. It's nice to be able to just sit and take a break sometimes."
#notmycompetitivechild
#notmycompetitivechild
In discussing her writing:
"When I make up names when I'm writing, my rule is that it has to have a red squiggly line under it. [Microsoft Word spell check] That way I know I'm not writing a random cuss word that I don't know or something that's another word for toilet. Like if I named someone Privy and then learn that privy actually means toilet, that would be really embarrassing. That's why I always make sure it has a red squiggly line."
Talking about frustration:
"You know when people are frustrated and say things "Darn it!" or "Goodness gracious!" I made up my own. I say, "Ginger snap!" That sounds frustrated, doesn't it?"
Love this girl!
She's the queen of making me laugh.
