Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First Grade

Today was Staley's first day of first grade.


Staley is so excited about this year.  She was very excited to get Mr. Garber as her teacher because "he's the only boy teacher in the whole school."  Of course, that's not including the PE teacher and the music teacher and the special ed teacher and the school counselor, but who's counting?  Staley got up easily this morning, got dressed quickly, and was ready for school with time to make a first day of school sign to hold up in her picture.  I'm not counting on that kind of speed every morning, but it was definitely a nice start to the year.


I walked Staley to school before heading into work this morning.  When we got to the front door, she said, "You don't have to come in with me."  I told her that, since it was her first day, I wanted to walk with her to her classroom.  She consented.  After she hung up her backpack (and posed for the obligatory picture), she said, "You don't need to walk with me to the gym."  However, since it was on my way out, I insisted and made her stop long enough for a hug and kiss before heading in to sit with her friends.  I love that she's excited about school and so confident going into this year, but it also makes me a little sad seeing her grow up so quickly.


I have no doubt that this will be another wonderful year of school for my little girl.
Hooray for first grade!!