Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sibling Love

The other morning the kids woke up and climbed into bed with Zach to read books.  Briggs got in trouble and Zach told him that he couldn't pick a book to read.  Briggs cried about his consequence.  Suddenly, Staley got up, walked out of the room, and came back with a Thomas the Train book from Briggs's room.  She said, "I don't really like Thomas books, but I'm kind of interested in this one.  I am picking this for my book."  Then Adelie left the room and came back with one of Briggs's favorite shape books.  She said, "I don't really like shape books, but I'm kind of interested in this one.  I am picking this for my book."


Today was Staley's first day of school.  I left work early to pick her up on her first day.  When we got home, Adelie was waiting in the playroom.  She had decorated the playroom with streamers, turned on some music, helped Grammie make cookies, and had set the playroom table with cookies and drinks.  She had planned the whole thing as a first day of school party specifically for Staley. 


I love my children.  I love seeing my children love each other.  And just when I don't think I could possibly love them any more...

...I do.