Third time's the charm, right??
Zach's grandma said it best when she told us, "You have a beautiful family. Kinda loud, but a beautiful family." How right she was! And we sure love our loud, crazy, fun, active, silly, loving, chaotic, beautiful family.
Adelie and Staley's World
Thursday, August 24, 2017
Third Time's the Charm?
We've been trying to get Briggs to stop sucking his thumb for a few months now. He rarely sucks his thumb during the day. However, night time and nap time are a different story. We initially did hand socks, which worked well for a few weeks until Briggs got tired of them and would just take them off. We then taught him to tuck his hands under his body for sleeping, which he did dutifully every night as we put him to bed. But recently he fessed up that his tucking only lasted until we left the room. So a few days ago, I introduced "knot hand." I put him in one of Adelie's long-sleeve t-shirts and tied a knot at the end of the right sleeve. This was VERY unpopular the first time I introduced it, resulting in 20 minutes of screaming "I WANT TO SUCK MINE THUMB!!" However, he's since adjusted and now happily puts on his special shirt before nap and bed. Maybe this will be the strategy that works.
