Staying in bed has definitely been winning.
I'm not a resolution kind of person, but I need to do something about my winter blahs. I've decided that my February goal is to exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. I think that 10 minutes is doable. I don't have to go outside. I don't have to set aside a big chunk of time. I can fit it in before bed without sacrificing my sleep. Just 10 minutes a day to fight back against the February-ness that makes me just want to sit on the sofa with a blanket and a roll of girl scout cookies.
Today since it was yet another day that it was too cold and I was too unmotivated to get out of the house, I decided that the kids and I could exercise together. I put on some "workout clothes", Adelie put on a leotard, and Briggs stayed in his pajamas. I put on a work-out video and we worked on beating those winter blues together. Briggs quickly lost interest and spent most of the time asking me to play, climbing on my back, holding onto my leg, and generally getting in the way. But Adelie was in the zone. She did a full 20 minute cardio workout plus a warm-up and cool down, and then she asked for more. She kept cracking me up. At one point she exclaimed, "I can really feel this in my body." The first time the person on the video talked into the camera like he was talking to us, Adelie asked, "Why is he talking to us? Does he know us?" She kept telling me what a good workout it was, how sweaty she was getting, and insisted that she needed a bath when we were done. If I need motivation to get off the couch and get moving, I think I've found her.
My work out buddy
