Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, February 25, 2018

She Says...

The other night Staley came downstairs about 30 minutes after we'd put her to bed.  I asked her why she was still awake.  She said, "I like that Briggs is growing up and sleeping in his big boy bed, but sometimes I worry about him getting out of his bed at night when he's supposed to be sleeping.  I can't sleep because I feel responsible to make sure that he stays in his bed at night."  I assured her that I could take responsibility for Briggs's nighttime sleep habits, but love her heart and how she is such a great big sister.


I usually sing the kids a lullaby each night at bedtime.  Tonight I sang 'A Few of My Favorite Things' to the girls.  In the song, there is a line that says 'When the dog bites/when the bee stings/when I'm feeling sad/I simply remember my favorite things/and then I don't feel so bad.'  After I had finished singing, Staley replied, "When I'm feeling sad, I don't like to think about my favorite things because that makes me feel more sad since I don't have them right then.  I like to think about worse things because then being sad isn't the worst."  I can't argue with that logic.

I love her heart.  I love her mind.  I love this girl.