Since the girls had just been in their 'Lion King, Jr.' production this past summer, I thought they would love to see the real thing on stage with professional actors and actresses. Both girls enjoyed the show, although they did point out things that they thought were better about their performance. I might have disagreed, but I do appreciate their confidence.
We got to enjoy watching the show from the privacy of our own balcony box. It was perfect!! The seats were no more expensive than the others I had been looking at, but there was no one in front of us, we could put our chairs wherever we wanted, and my more active child didn't bother anyone as she was moving from my lap to Grammie's. She and Grammie even had room to play a little 'Mother May I' during intermission. I would definitely get those seats again!
I love having these special times with my girls (and mom) and making memories. And I loved, loved, loved the performance. Amazing costumes. Amazing artistry. Amazing voices. Amazing dancing. I thought it was even better than the ones my girls were in. (Shhh!!)
And, of course, we couldn't have our girl's day out without following up the performance with a dinner out.
Although the girls were voting for Culver's or Steak and Shake, I insisted that we at least eat somewhere with real menus, glass plates, and no paper hats to wear.
As long as there were milkshakes and no veggies on their plate, my girls were happy.
I loved our special outing!! What a great play and what a fun day!
Although Briggs and Zach didn't get to enjoy the show, they both got a nice nap, played train table, drank hot chocolate, and had dinner at Briggs's restaurant of choice--Pizza Hut.
Everyone was winning that day!







