Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Coronovirus Interviews

During this unprecedented time in life, it's nice to be able to step back and view our current situation through the eyes of my kids.  I interviewed each of them separately (so their answers wouldn't influence the others).

What is the coronavirus?
Staley:  "BAD!  It's a sickness, a virus."
Adelie:  "A sickness."
Briggs:  "Bad."

How did the coronavirus start?
Staley:  "In China."
Adelie:  "I think from a bat, maybe."
Briggs:  "Germs."

How can we get rid of the coronavirus?
Staley:  "Create a vaccine or something."
Adelie:  "Make a shot."
Briggs:  "A hot day."

Who is the president?
Staley:  "Donald Trump"
Adelie:  "Donald Trump"
Briggs:  "I don't know.  God?"

How long have we been staying at home?
Staley:  "I don't know.  About 2 months, I think."
Adelie:  "Maybe 30 days."
Briggs:  "Maybe 15 days."

Did you miss going to school?
Staley:  "Kind of yes and kind of no.  I missed seeing my friends but I liked being home all the time."
Adelie:  "Yes.  I missed my friends and my teacher."
Briggs:  "Yes.  I missed seeing my friends and my teacher."

Was Mommy a good teacher?
Staley:  "You didn't really need to help me so I don't really know."  
Adelie:  "Yeah."
Briggs:  "Yeah."

When this is over, who is the first person you want to hug again?
Staley:  "Grammie and Grandpa."
Adelie:  "Grammie or Uma"
Briggs:  "Probably Dava and Grace."

When this is over, where is the first place you want to go again?
Staley:  "The pool"
Adelie:  "Disney World"
Briggs:  "Disney World"

What has been the best thing about staying at home?
Staley:  "I like that Daddy is home all the time and going hiking."
Adelie:  "We get family time and school is shorter and we can sleep in."
Briggs:  "It's fun.  I like playing and doing school work."

I love seeing this experience through the eyes of my kids.  And I agree with them.  I like having Zach home all the time and I love our family time and I enjoy going hiking.  I am looking forward to hugging loved ones and going to Disney World.  And although I know who our president is, I really wish our president was God!