Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Mother's Day

As a mom, Mother's Day is a day that I enjoy.  Mother's Day is a day to sleep in.  Mother's Day is a day to say "ask your dad."  Mother's Day is a day to relish the homemade gifts and cards from my kids.  Mother's Day is a day to relax and give myself a break from household chores.  And Mother's Day is a day to express gratitude for the mothers in my life and the little ones who gave me my most cherished title.

I am so grateful for Zach's mom.  How lucky was I to join into a family so full of love!  Zach's mom is generous and thoughtful and fun.  She is always willing to help out with whatever we need.  Watching the kids, running an errand, making a meal...if there is something we need, she never hesitates.  She is always present in our lives and freely gives of her time and her love.  My kids know that Uma will always come to their games or their plays or their programs.  They know she will take them on special birthday outings and have them over for sleepovers.  Zach's mom rarely shows up empty handed when we see her.  It might be homemade jam or a bag of oranges.  It might be a new pair of flip flops or a shirt for the kids.  It might be cookies or treats.  She is always thinking of us, spoiling us, and making us feel special.  I am so thankful for her and am so thankful that I get to be a part of her family.


I am so very thankful for my mom.  What a blessing she is!  She is my role model.  She is my sounding board.  She is my closest friend.  Rarely a day goes by that I don't talk to my mom.  Rarely a decision is made that I haven't discussed with my mom.  And rarely do I watch my mom and not marvel at her energy.  Her positivity.  Her faith.  My mom is the most self-less and giving person I know, and we are so blessed that she showers her gifts of time, energy, love, and prayers on me and my family.  When I grow up, I hope I am just like my mom.  And someday, when my kids are grown, I hope they think of me with even half the admiration that I have for my mom.


I am so thankful for these three that have given me the title of mom.  I have learned so much about myself through the lives of these little ones.  I have learned that I can love more fiercely than I ever thought possible.  I have learned that I am not as patient as I wish I was.  I have learned that I can be more proud of someone else's accomplishments than I am of my own.  I have learned that the mere thought of something happening to one of my kids can bring me to tears.  I have learned that the joy I feel in watching simple moments of love between my kids far surpasses anything that I've experienced before.  I have learned that there is nothing I'd rather do than be present with my kids.  I have learned that there is nothing I'd rather be than a mom to these three.

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!
I am blessed!!