Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Siblings Make the Best Friends

I have often said that I feel very blessed with how well my kids play together and how much they enjoy each other.  There is no time I am more thankful for that than during this pandemic when our time as a family at home far outweighs anything else we are doing.  As Staley gets older, she spends more of her free time reading or writing alone in her room. Although they always LOVE when Staley joins in to play, Adelie and Briggs really have a good time playing together.  As I type this they are playing in the playroom with figurines, matchbox cars, and the dollhouse in a lively make-believe world.  Sometimes they build together.  Sometimes they craft together.  Sometimes they read together.  Sometimes they make up performances together.  Sometimes they play school or pet store or spy camp.  Whatever it is they find to do together, it fills my heart to hear them playing together and makes me so thankful that they have each other.

They made Halloween costumes for their stuffed animals.  Bear Bear is a banana and Fuzzington is a snowman.

They had a great time playing with the marble maze.

The play room is usually a disaster after an afternoon of crafting fun.

They spent a long time yesterday making puppets, writing a script, and performing their original puppet show.

Siblings truly make the best friends!