Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a lovely day full of relaxation and gifts and love.  One of my favorite things about Mother's Day, however, is the homemade gifts and cards that my kids give to me...and how excited they are about them.

My Mother's Day haul this year!

Each of the kids came home from school with a Mother's Day gift for me, and I had to hold them off until Sunday as they were all so excited to show me what they had made.  Staley gave me a handprint tile and card, Adelie painted a small birdhouse and made origami flowers, and Briggs gave me a class cookbook and an all-about-mom lapbook.  Of course, I loved Briggs lapbook and all the sentiments he shared.  The fact that he filled in the blank on 'I love my mom more than' with "legose" was a pretty big deal.  He did write that 'My mom likes to wear' "a dres."  Hmmm....  He noted that I hate to "do londry", I'm not very good at "dansing", and that I love him because he is "cyoot."  He also noted that we like to "snugol."

All about me according to Briggs.
Very cyoot!!

I am so blessed.  Although the noise and the mess and the arguing and the whining and the needs can sometimes drive me crazy, I wouldn't want to imagine my life any other way.  My 3 made it a happy Mother's Day.  Not because of the gifts they made for me, but because they are my favorite gifts.  God has blessed me beyond measure and I couldn't be more thankful.