Yesterday was the kids' last day of school. The school year ended with a bang. Final parties. Final activities. Cleaning out desks. Getting prizes. The talent show. Field Day. The learning was over and the last few days of school were just fun, fun, fun! I am so thankful for this past school year. My kids needed school. They needed teachers and friends and activities and structure and routine and academic instruction. It was a different year, but it was a great year none-the-less.
Staley performed 'Born to Entertain' for the 3rd and 4th grade talent show. She sang and danced and did a great job! Although we could only attend virtually, I loved seeing her confidence shine as she performed. She definitely was born to entertain!
Although I didn't get to attend Field Day because I was at work (and parent attendees were limited), the kids all had a great time with the games and bouncy houses and water balloons and popsicles...and friends.
It was a fun way to finish off a great school year!
On the first day of school, I had no idea what this year would look like. I anticipated another school shut down and virtual learning. I anticipated quarantines and disruptions. I anticipated the kids complaining about mask wearing and struggling with all the changes. I anticipated limited school activities and sadness over these missed opportunities.
On the last day of school, I just felt thankfulness. For my kids who had perfect attendance this year without sickness or quarantine. For the ease with which my kids adjusted to the changes. For all the activities and opportunities that the school kept in place for the kids to enjoy. For the full year of in-person learning. I am so thankful for this school year.
Good-bye Kindergarten, 2nd, and 4th grade!
Hello 1st, 3rd, and middle school!!




