Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Things Have Happened

I'm usually better about keeping up with the blog, but this past month has slipped away.  It's not that things haven't happened.  It's not that we haven't seen family or finished projects or celebrated birthdays or started activities or entered the end-of-the-school-year crunch.  I think it's because of the increasing schedule of activities that blogging has taken a back seat.  But here are some of the things that have happened while I was away...

Staley got to help Lilian celebrate her birthday at the roller skating rink.

Teeth keep falling out of Briggs' mouth.  He lost 2 teeth at school on the same day.  He's now lost all 4 of his middle bottom teeth.

As one of my Christmas presents, Zach agreed to paint our bedroom.  So he spent one week-end turning the burnt orange into gray.

I love the new color, the rearranged furniture configuration, and our new comforter.  I also took the opportunity to declutter and clean out.  It feels like a whole new room!

The girls had also been asking for a room change, so we used another week-end to make that happen.

Although the girls still want to deck out their "reading nooks" under their loft beds, they loved the new colors and the idea of arranging their own "space" within their room.

We celebrated April birthdays with Zach's family, as well as Zach and I enjoying a kid-free afternoon of hiking and dinner out on his actual birthday.

We also celebrated Grandpa's birthday with brunch on the deck with Grammie, Grandpa, and Uncle Ethan.

The girls had fun with Zach and friends at a Daddy-Daughter dance at a local church.

While the girls danced with Daddy, Briggs and I (and Uma) went out for ice cream.

As you can see, things have happened.  Not to mention school and Stage Kids and piano and singing and Adelie starting gymnastics again and cleaning and laundry and running and planting the garden and playing with friends and end of the school year activities and planning for summer and...  I'm beginning to realize why it's been almost a month since I've blogged.  Sometimes life just gets a little crazy..and we get a little crazy with it.