Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, December 3, 2021

Good-bye, November!

Another month flew by.  Here are the November memories that I have yet to blog about...

Zach and I took a quick trip to Indianapolis to participate in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (Zach) and half marathon (Ellen).

Zach finished the marathon in a personal best marathon time of 3:56.  He met his goal of completing the marathon under 4 hours, so he was very pleased.

I was a later addition to this plan, so my training ramped up quickly.  I was pleased with my time of 1:52 (which, according to my watch, was for 13.6 miles, making my actual half marathon time 1:48).  And I enjoyed getting to finish, shower, and then return to the finish line to cheer Zach in.

And while Zach and I enjoyed our quick trip to Indy, the kids had fun spending time with both sets of grandparents.

Staley enjoyed getting to perform with her Rising Stars show choir group.  They participated in a few tree lighting ceremonies and festive holiday parades to kick off the holiday season.  She walked, danced, and sang her way through East Peoria in the Festival of Lights Parade.

We dropped Staley off with her group and then found a spot to snuggle in and watch the parade.  The weather was very pleasant (in the 40's), so we had an enjoyable parade viewing experience.

We love the Festival of Lights, so getting to watch the parade was a different way to experience it.  Dropping Staley off and then having to wait an hour until the parade made its way to us, however, was not quite as fun.

Staley's group also performed in the Santa Claus Parade in downtown Peoria.  They asked if Adelie and Briggs would like to be part of the float, so all 3 kids participated in the parade.

Unlike the pleasant Festival of Lights Parade weather, the Santa Claus Parade was FRIGID!

I had the kids layered up to the max, but it's hard to keep out that 20 degree weather.

I got lots of texts, photos, and videos from friends and family who were watching the parade on TV...in the warmth and comfort of their own homes.

That seemed like a good idea, although the kids really enjoyed being a part of the festivities.

Staley has really enjoyed being a part of the Rising Stars group, and the parades have been a highlight of the season for her so far.

It has definitely kicked off our Christmas holiday season with more festivities than we typically have, which has been fun for the whole family.

We helped Lucy celebrate her 5th birthday with a trip to Chuckie Cheese.

The kids had fun playing games, spending time with cousins, eating pizza and cake, and celebrating Lucy.

This was Briggs' first ever trip to Chuckie Cheese, and he thought it was pretty spectacular.

I got to help celebrate my friend Diana at her baby sprinkle.

And a November highlight was getting to celebrate Thanksgiving with Zach's side of the family.  We enjoyed good food, good fellowship, and a good outcome to a not-so-good Bear's football game.

Time with family is always a blessing.  And after Thanksgiving time with Zach's family, I was able to join my family in Danvers for a short but meaningful graveside memorial service for my great Uncle Ron that had been postponed due to COVID.

And, of course, we've filled in the rest of our time with play-dates...

fun time with neighborhood friends...

and reading, playing, movie nights, family games, and extracurricular activities.  

Our months go by quickly as they are filled with busy-ness and rest, time away and time at home, fun activities and quiet time.  November was more of the same...and it was good.