In the midst of all the Christmas hubbub and activities, the girls finished off their fall semester of Stage Kids with their performance of Mary Poppins, Jr.
The Eureka cast combined with the Tremont cast for their performances, making the cast one of the largest they've had in awhile.
Staley was cast as a dancing statue, a chimney sweep, and a banker. She was very pleased with her roles as she was the youngest in a small group of "older" girls who were the featured dancers as statues and chimney sweeps. She got to tap dance in several songs. Although she did not have any lines or solos, the opportunity to be a featured dancer was new for her...and she embraced it.
Adelie was a member of the ensemble as well as a honey bee in the 'Spoonful of Sugar' song. I wish I had a picture of her in her honey bee costume because it was SO cute! Adelie continues to grow in her stage presence. She is more confident in her songs and dances and is very expressive on stage. I love watching her shine!
Staley and Adelie had a number of people come to watch them perform, although I have very few pictures as the meet and greets were outside...in the dark...and the cold. But both sets of grandparents, Aunt Sandi and Aunt Jan, Miss Vickie, Aunt Carrie with Uncle Erik and Elliott, and Aunt Jill with her girls all came.
Olivia and Lila (with Aunt Jill) braved the cold and the crowds to visit with the girls for a little bit after the show. My girls always love having the support of family and friends.
I see both my girls growing in their skills, their stage presence, and their confidence with each show they do.
I see them having so much fun and making new friends.
I see them helping out the younger kids on stage.
I see them experiencing so much joy in performing. There is nothing better than watching my kids do something that they love.