At each moment in time, there are things that I want to remember about my kids and what are life at home is like. Sometimes there are enduring things (like bed-night) and sometimes they are fleeting phases that I know I'll forget if I don't write them down. At this moment in time, I don't want to forget...
1. How all 3 kids listen to audiobooks on their CD players when we're at home. Adelie and Briggs always listen in the playroom while they are playing. They finished the A-Z Mysteries series and are now re-listening to Humphrey books. And when they finish the ones they have from the library, they put on 'The Pond' (which has been a long-time enduring classic.) Staley has been listening to the Harry Potter series in her room while doing calligraphy or drawing. She is currently on book 5.
2. How if Briggs is wearing something with a hood, he always has the hood up. Always.
3. How Adelie has gotten really motivated with her tumbling lately and is practicing handstands all the time. She can't walk through a room without flipping up onto her hands over and over and over again. She has set a goal to be able to do a back handspring by herself by the end of the year. I love seeing her motivation and enthusiasm for setting a goal and working to accomplish it.
4. How Briggs loves fleece footie pajamas and wears them every single night.
5. How the kids are eating SO much! We used to have leftovers after almost every meal. Now there is rarely a morsel of anything left on the table...and sometimes the kids still ask for a fruit cup or piece of fruit after everything else has been devoured.
6. How Staley and now Adelie wear jeans to school almost every single day. Jeans! Who would have thought??
7. How Staley looks for any opportunity to ask to wear make-up, use the phone, or ride in the front seat of the car. And how, when she takes the back-up phone with her when she walks to library by herself to volunteer, she always finds an excuse to text me about something. Always.
8. How Adelie has some irrational fears about noises and shadows and things that aren't where she thought they should be or things that she doesn't know where they came from. Like, "why is this pencil on the floor? That's not where I left it?" Or "There's a shirt in my closet and I don't know where it came from." It has been an enduring issue over the past number of months (maybe a year??) or so and I THINK it's getting better. I always just say, "What's the most logical explanation?" Because some of these fears and concerns seem so illogical.
9. How Staley wakes up Adelie every morning for school by turning on "We Don't Talk about Bruno."
10. How doing the nightly Wordle has been a highlight for the girls once they are ready for bed.
