After our past few weeks of Christmas break, the kids head back to school tomorrow. We have enjoyed our break, filling it with Christmas activities, family time, playing with new Christmas stuff, and spending time with friends and family. The kids aren't ready to head back to school, and I'm not ready to start back into our busy schedule of school and activities. We had a really nice Christmas break. Along with all the Christmas activities I've already posted about, some of our other Christmas break highlights include:
Zach's grandma said it best when she told us, "You have a beautiful family. Kinda loud, but a beautiful family." How right she was! And we sure love our loud, crazy, fun, active, silly, loving, chaotic, beautiful family.
Adelie and Staley's World
Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Good-bye, Christmas Break!
Putting together new Lego sets and playing with new Christmas gifts/toys...
a cousin sleepover (while Staley and Liam stayed at Grammie and Grandpas)...
lots of playdates and time spent with Avery, Isla, and Aunt Christie over the week they were home...
almost daily multi-hour Penguin Project rehearsals for Staley...
lots of playdates with friends including a trip to the skate park with George...
and crafts, movies, reading, pajama days, play time, water bead orphanages, and just enjoying a little home time. We also celebrated New Year's Eve with our friends, the Hostetlers, which I didn't take any pictures of. But we had fun visiting, playing games, and staying up until midnight to toast the new year. (Or in Briggs' case, 10:30.)
Staley also kicked off her birthday celebrations with a sleepover with friends. There was lots of giggling and game playing and movie watching and snacking and hair braiding and staying up too late. She had a blast!!
While Staley was celebrating with her friends, Adelie went to a sleepover for her friend Stella's birthday.
Not to be left out, Briggs had a sleepover at Uma and Papa's.
I love time at home with my family. I love the fun things that filled our Christmas break, the time with family and friends, and the relaxing time at home. I could use a few more weeks before we jump right back into the crazy, but I guess that's not how this is going to work. So January...look out! Here we come!!









