How? How did this happen? How did my baby grow up so fast? 12 years seems like such a long time, yet it feels like just yesterday that Zach and I were sitting on the couch, freshly home from the hospital, wondering what in the world we were supposed to do with that precious baby lying between us. I love going through pictures each year for a birthday post while replaying so many memories from the years that have flown by to get us to this day. Just going through the past 12 years of pictures took me on a whirlwind journey of memories as I watched my sweet baby girl...
...introduce us to all the parenting firsts,
...learn to explore her world,
...develop her own (often strong) opinions and preferences,
...discover the stage,
...find those things that became her comforts,
...start her school journey,
...embrace the world of theater,
...start to make her own decisions about hair and fashion,
...fill our schedule with things she loves,
...develop in her responsibility and maturity,
...embrace our family adventures and travels,
...enter those tween years with grace,
and blossom into this amazing 12 year.
As I was looking through photos, I was reflecting on the fact that, although so much changes as the years go by, many things remain the same. As an infant, Staley was curious and bright and never needed as much sleep as I thought she did. Still true. As a toddler, Staley had strong opinions and stood by her convictions and had so much imagination. Still true. As a younger child, Staley was confident and persistent and felt at home on the stage. Still true. And as my tween-ager, Staley has grown in her responsibility and maturity while still being bright and persistent and imaginative and confident while not needing as much sleep as I think she should and still feeling most at home on a stage. I am so proud of the person she is and can't wait to see where this 12 year old goes next.
Happy birthday, Staley!
You couldn't be more loved!!












