The first quarter of the school year is just about over, and I'm not sure where it went. So many things have taken a back seat to the time spent with school and cross country and other kid activities. Blogging has been one of those, which is why I'm now trying to catch up on the last month and a half of our busy, crazy life.
Cross country has filled so much of our time this fall. With Staley and I both involved in EMS cross country, we have practice or meets 5 days/week. With sectionals coming up on Saturday, the end of the season is in sight. Once the season ends, Staley's cross country season will have its own post, but in a post about what has been keeping us so busy this fall, cross country definitely needs to be mentioned.
While Staley and I have been busy with EMS cross country, Zach has kept busy with his timing business as well as being an assistant cross country coach at Eureka College. (Not to mention his new position at State Farm that he really enjoys, but keeps his days super busy as well.)
The kids are still involved and busy with their theater group. They've started rehearsals for their winter show while also performing with their Rising Stars and Singapella groups at various festivals and businesses around the area.
Both girls got the opportunity to perform their summer solos ("Shiny" and "Naughty") one more time.
Staley's new Kickline performing dance group has also had a few opportunities to perform.
We helped the girls' singing teacher and NTA director, Miss Taylor, celebrate her son Kayson's first birthday at a fun one year old birthday party. The kids enjoyed the time spent with their NTA friends.
The girls and I also dressed up and attended NTA's 80's Cabaret one evening.
We had a great time! The performers were so talented, the music was nostalgic and fun, and the kids had a great time hanging out with their NTA friends for the evening.
Briggs is almost done with his season of fall soccer. I'll do a full post about his season when it's over, but a number of our Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons have been spent watching Briggs play soccer.
Although life has been too busy to get away for an anniversary get-away this fall, Zach and I enjoyed an anniversary date night of dinner out, a few errands, a nice walk, and some ice cream. After 22 years of marriage, that seems like the right amount of low-key togetherness needed to celebrate.
We enjoyed a week of Homecoming festivities at the schools. There were dress up days,..
including dress like a twin day.
The parade was a highlight. Briggs, Staley, and I rode on the EMS CC float.
During Homecoming week, the cross country team spent a few hours during/after practice making float decorations, bleaching t-shirts, and having a team meal as part of the fun.
Briggs was so excited to be included on the float.
Adelie chose to watch the parade with her friend, Stella, instead of riding on the float. She secured enough parade candy for the entire family!
Although I was worn out from the festivities and stayed home, Zach took the kids to the Homecoming football game to cap off a fun week of festive activities.
I got to join Staley and the girls in her class on their field trip to Timber Pointe camp in Bloomington. They spent the day outdoors doing team building and adventure activities.
There was archery, boat building, and a photo scavenger hunt...
but the highlights were the rock wall, the zipline,...
and the giant swing. It was a really fun day and a really fun fieldtrip. And although I was unable to attend, Briggs also had a fall fieldtrip to Wildlife Prairie Park.
What started as an opportunity to give our nephew a summer job by doing a little painting around the house has been the catalyst to some home redecorating, including lots of painting, cleaning out, and a day trip to Ikea with a friend of mine.
There has been running and performing, field trips and football games, lessons and activities, soccer and timing, house projects and to-do lists, working and volunteering, friends and fun. This first quarter of the school year has flown by, but it has been filled with things we all enjoy. As we settle into fall, I'm excited for what is new and next for our family. I'm sure it will keep of busy...but I'm sure it will all be good.



















