Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Transitioning to Fall

Fall has officially descended upon us.  In the last week, temperatures have dropped substantially, and I've been embracing my sweatshirts and leggings and fuzzy socks.  Even with the change in temperatures, Briggs has still been wearing shorts and t-shirts while Adelie has been continuing on with her sleeveless dresses and sandals.  

On days that I work, I leave before anyone else in the house is awake.  If there are reminders that I need to share with the kids, I just write them on the whiteboard on the fridge.  On Monday the temperatures were in the 50's.  I came home from work to find Briggs playing outside in his shorts and t-shirt while Adelie was wearing a sleeveless dress and sandals.  So before I left for work yesterday, I put this reminder on the whiteboard...

Sometimes seasonal transitions can be hard.
It's a mom's duty to help make them easier.
Or at least to remind my kids how to dress.