Staley is at school. Adelie is at pre-school. Briggs is napping. My house is silent.
IT.IS.AWESOME!!!
I love my kids. I love spending time with my kids. I love that I get to be home 3 days every week with my kids. But with 3 young kids, someone always needs something. Always. Someone always has a question or a need or wants to show me something or needs to tell me something. Someone always wants me to be their playmate or needs me to be their referee or requires my assistance to inform them when they are making a bad decision. If I'm trying to accomplish a task, I have "helpers" that sometimes make it not worth trying. Or so many interruptions that it never gets done. I love being a mom, but it's exhausting.
And now I will have 2 afternoons each week. One of them will probably be spent volunteering at the school. But the other one? It will be gloriously silent. I will have 2 hours. Two hours each week where I can do what I want. I have a huge list of things I'm planning to accomplish. Photo books and cleaning out and organizing school papers and planning vacations. I have big aspirations for my 2 hours, so I'm off to enjoy the silence and get some things done!