Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Soccer

Adelie just finished up her first season of playing soccer.  Although she was disappointed that she didn't score a goal, she really enjoyed herself and was always excited about playing.  And she's quick to point out that she almost scored a goal.


Adelie improved with her skills as the season progressed.  She was not the fastest or most aggressive kid on the field, but she played hard and had a good time.


Her league did not have enough parents volunteer to coach, so I offered to help.  I have never played soccer and don't really know the right technique or the rules.  Luckily, the kids on our team were 4 and 5.  I reminded them not to use their hands and tried to help them remember which goal we were going to, so I feel like I did my job.


Adelie was very sad when her season was over.  She enjoyed playing, made some new friends, and it was a good outlet for some of her energy.  We are already looking forward to next season!!