The other morning I was changing the sheets. I had taken Adelie's pillow out of her Ariel pillowcase. Briggs picked up the empty pillowcase off the floor and exclaimed in alarm, "You popped it!"
We are still trying to get Briggs to stop sucking his thumb. A few weeks ago I tried the bitter tasting polish on his right thumb. Although he didn't care for it, the taste wasn't enough to deter him. The other morning he kept putting his thumb in his mouth. I said, "Do you want me to put the yucky stuff back on your thumb?" Briggs said, "No thanks. You can put some yummy stuff on my thumb."
The other night we were reading a bedtime book about police officers. It said that police officers catch people who don't follow the rules. Briggs knowingly told me, "People who don't follow the rules don't get cookies."
This morning Briggs woke up first while the girls were still sleeping. We went downstairs, and I kept reminding Briggs that we didn't want to be too loud so we wouldn't wake up his sisters. I poured Briggs some cereal for breakfast and before he took his first bite, he looked at me seriously and asked, "Is crunching too loud?"
We were reading a book the other day about three little owl babies named Sarah, Percy, and Bill. When the babies were introduced by name, Briggs emphatically said, "No! Percy isn't an owl. Percy is a train."
I sure do love this boy and all the amusing things he says.
