Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, March 21, 2019

My Girls

Today after school the kids were packing up for our up-coming spring break trip.  I told my kids how many and what type of clothes they needed to pack.  One of my daughters carefully counted and selected each clothing item she wanted to bring.  She slowly and systematically folded each item of clothing and organized them into specific areas of her suitcase.  My other daughter pulled things from her drawers and closet without much rhyme or reason, often miscounting how many items she threw in there.  She tossed each item into her suitcase in a growing mound of clothes.  Folding and organizing?  Not so much.  At one point I watched said daughter take off her dirty socks that she had been wearing all day and toss them into her suitcase.  When I asked why she was packing dirty socks, she said, "Because they are my favorites."  *sigh*

How can two kids from the same two parents living in the same environment be so different?