Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Always Thinking

Tonight I sent the kids down to clean up the toys they had gotten out in the basement while I made supper.  About 15 minutes later, Briggs came into the kitchen and we had this conversation:

Briggs (with big, serious eyes):  "I'm sorry, Mommy."
Me:  "Why are you sorry?"
Briggs:  "Because when the sisters were cleaning up in the basement, I was just playing train table.  Do you forgive me?"
Me:  "Thanks for telling me that.  And yes, of course I forgive you."
Briggs (with a big smile):  "And if you forgive someone, then they still get ice cream, right?"

For a moment, I thought maybe my son felt guilt for not doing what he was asked to do and was truly repenting for his wrong doing.  Unfortunately, I think he was beating his tattling sisters to the punch and securing his dessert along the way.

Love my smart boy!