Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, August 15, 2019

St. Jude Run

We kicked off August with another successful Eureka to Peoria St. Jude Run.  Zach and I ran a cumulative 61.4 miles that day while (with the extreme generosity of our family and friends) raising $21, 300.  The Eureka group grew in both numbers (81 runners) and money raised ($148, 300), contributing to the over 5 million dollars raised by all the St. Jude runs.  What an incredible day for an incredible cause!

I'm so proud of my husband for the tireless effort he puts into organizing and planning this event all year round.

I am so grateful for the many volunteers and supporters who help out along the way.

I'm so blessed to spend the day with such an amazing group of people who are all passionate about this cause.

I'm so lucky to be able to use the gift of running to raise money and raise awareness.

It was so fun to have two of my work friends join me for the run this year.

It was such an amazing reminder of why we run to be joined on the run by Travis (a St. Jude survivor) and Parker (who is a current St. Jude patient).

The day can be emotional and exhausting and long...but so much fun!

And I love how it is a full family affair!!

It's so overwhelming to see the amount of support come flooding out of such a small town.

It's so rewarding to stand together with friends with sore legs and full hearts.

And how much better to see your friends grow to love the event as much as you do.

From start to finish, it's such an incredible and inspiring day.
Can't wait until next year!!