I find joy in planning trips and going on vacation. I find joy in big moments and fun activities. I find joy in family get-togethers and social gatherings. I find joy in week-end get-aways and tickets to the theater. I find joy in making plans and fun things on the calendar. In this year of COVID, it is easy to feel like this virus is stealing my joy. But each time that happens, I look to my kids who have a knack for finding joy in the little things.
They don't need the big things. They find joy in catching ladybugs and crickets. In eating dessert before dinner. In family movie night. In new books from the library. In leaf piles to jump in. In eating produce from the garden. In campfires and s'mores. In garage sale treasures. In squirt guns and sprinklers. In staying up past bedtime. In writing and creating. In listening to their favorite songs. In play time with cousins. In family games. In big boxes. In made-up games. In cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
My kids find so much joy in the everyday. COVID can't steal my joy. There is joy in my life. I don't need the big things. I just need to better appreciate all the little things.
