Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Feminism? Not yet.

The other day Staley and I were discussing cooking skills.  I told her that I never really liked cooking when I was younger and so I really didn't know how to cook when I got married.  To which Staley replied, "Then why did Daddy marry you?"  

After I extolled her with all my wonderful qualities that made me a great catch...and made sure she knew that cooking, good or bad, should not be the basis for marriage...we then had a discussion about things that are and are not important when choosing a spouse.  After our entire discussion, Staley then informed me that she still is planning to be a good cook for her husband.  

So Adelie was just playing a game with mermaids becoming humans to impress a prince.  Now Staley thinks that my lack of early domestic skills should have hurt my chances at marriage...and wants to avoid that fate.  Here I thought I was modeling female strength and independence.  I thought Zach and I have done a solid job of demonstrating a partnership in domestic duties.  Obviously we have done something wrong along the way.  I blame Disney movies.