Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, January 6, 2022

They Say...

When we were deciding on a movie to watch, Briggs got upset about the chosen movie, claiming how much he didn't like it.  It was a movie we had watched for the first time last year and all enjoyed as a family.  As we were watching the movie, Briggs kept talking about "favorite parts" and getting excited about things he remembered.  When the movie was over, I said, "I thought you said you didn't like this movie, but you seemed to really enjoy it."  To which Briggs responded, "I meant that I didn't like it when I was little."  Guess one year can make a big difference when you go from being little to being big.

The other night I was sitting on the edge of the tub as I was starting some bath water for Briggs.  He came in to use the restroom and proceeded to accidentally pee a little on my foot.  I exclaimed, "Briggs!  You just peed on my foot!"  To which he responded, "Sorry.  I'm still not very good at aiming.  I peed on my foot a little too."  I don't think this standing up to pee thing is all it's cracked up to be.

Adelie was telling me about a game she was playing with her figurines.  She had a bunch of mermaids that turned into humans because they all liked the same prince.  The prince was going to have a ball to choose which girl he liked.  (Zach said it sounded like "The Bachelor.")  I replied, "Or maybe they all realize that they are strong, independent women and don't need a prince.  Maybe they should all go start their own companies."  Adelie thought about this for a second and then responded, "Nah."  Can't say I didn't try.