Staley just finished her EMS Drama Club production of Annie, Jr. They had been rehearsing since September, so it was nice to finally see the full product come together.
The cast of Annie, Jr.
Staley was cast as Miss Hannigan. She was perfect for that role! She owned the stage with each scene she was in. She had lots of lines, as well as the solo song 'Little Girls' and the trio song 'Easy Street.' I loved watching her create such a fun villain on stage.
She nailed each scene with not just her lines, but her body language and facial expressions as well.
The entire cast did a great job, and the show came together very well.
This was one of the biggest roles Staley has had in a show, and she really embraced it. I was so proud of her hard work in bringing her character to life.
Staley's skills as a singer continue to improve, but her ability to maintain her character while singing during this show was very impressive. Her wig and wardrobe were also very impressive.
Staley had so many people come to watch her perform. I didn't get pictures of everyone, but both sets of grandparents were there.
There were aunts, uncles, and cousins...
from both sides of the family.
And although I didn't get pictures of them, Zach's Aunt Sandi and Aunt Jan and our neighbor Ms. Vickie were also in attendance.
Maggie and her parents came to see Staley perform.
Some of Staley's school friends were also in attendance, which Staley was very excited about.
Staley really enjoyed having the opportunity to perform with school friends,...
make new friends,...
and deepen previous friendships.
I love that our school offers so many different opportunities for our kids.
Annie, Jr. was a great show! Staley was a great Miss Hannigan! And it was great to see a group of middle school students work so hard together to put on a fabulous show!!












