Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, February 17, 2023

In the Beginning...

All the NTA and school shows that my kids are in are licensed productions, meaning I am not allowed to take pictures or videos during the shows.  However, they do pay for the rights for an archival DVD to be made and for an individual to take archival photos during the show.  I was just given access to some of the photos going all the way back to when Staley first started Stage Kids.  I had a great time going through these old pictures (from over 20 productions that Staley has been in), but one of my favorite things was just seeing how comfortable and expressive Staley was on stage from a very young age.  And so I have decided to post a collection of favorite Staley stage moments that were captured on film.

Staley's very first show.  She was so little that no one else's faces were even in the picture.  Too cute!

She was the cutest little seahorse in The Little Mermaid!  And in every picture from this show, Staley is smiling.  She just loved being on stage.

Gladys Herdman--the littlest and meanest of the bunch.

I love how expressive Staley was during the shipwreck scene in Madagascar.

Staley as Olaf is still one of my favorites.

Hei Hei was another fun role.

Staley really nailed the role of funny sidekick.  Kuwalski in Madagascar, Olaf in Frozen, Hei Hei in Moana, and then Iago in Aladdin.

And actually, she continued her funny sidekick streak as the Young Kangaroo in Seussical.

This was Staley's favorite picture as Winthrop in The Music Man.

I think the hardest part of Staley's role in Beauty and the Beast was walking in her costume.

Even when she is in small roles or in the ensemble, Staley is always expressive while creating her character on stage.

God has blessed Staley with theatrical gifts.  I love watching her use her God-given gifts doing something she loves.