Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, February 2, 2023

He Writes...

I love seeing my kids engage in various creative pursuits.  And whether it's choreographing a dance or building an original Lego creation or singing or writing a book or drawing a picture, I enjoy seeing them use their imaginations to fill their time.  Writing books is something my kids do often.  Recently Briggs wrote a book about dinosaurs that I really enjoyed.

Don't worry.  It's an Easy Reader.

Each "chapter" was only a few sentences long with an illustration.

Briggs had checked out a few dinosaur books from the library to find his dinosaur facts.

I did enjoy that, even with spell check, we still get to experience some 2nd grade phonetic spelling.

I think my favorite part of his book was Briggs' about the author page.  The sentence "This is his first nonfiction book" made me smile.  I love watching my kids' creative skills continue to grow.