Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 11, 2021

Happy Birthday, Staley!

10 years!  How is it possible that my first baby is officially double digits?  Ten years old.  A tween-ager.  It doesn't seem that long ago that we were driving to the hospital, so nervous and excited.  It seems like just yesterday we were a new family of 3, finding our way.  I remember all those firsts...for Staley and for us.  Staley introduced us to parenthood and helped us pave the way.  She made it easy! 



Ten years later, Staley is still making it easy.  Where once we were figuring out naptimes and toddler tears, now we are entering the unchartered territories of tween-age boundaries and rules, changes and growth, responsibilities and independence.  Staley accepts that she is still helping us pave the way, and she does it with grace and respect.  I loved my new baby 10 years ago and I love the amazing girl she is growing up to be.

Happy birthday to my first-born!!
I couldn't love you more!!