Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 15, 2018

Birthday Fun

Staley's 7th birthday was fun, fun, fun.  It started the week-end before her birthday with a family brunch to celebrate Staley and Liam's 7th birthdays, as well as Evan's birthday.  Evan's birthday is the day after Staley and Liam's, so it generally gets lost in the shuffle.

Blowing out the candles in the birthday blueberry muffin.

There was brunch, playtime with cousins, and presents.

It was a fun way to start off the birthday celebrations.

On Staley's birthday, she enjoyed taking treats to school (Oreo balls). I enjoyed being her lunch date in the school cafeteria, and she thought it was great that I brought Subway for us to enjoy rather than having to choose either hot or cold lunch.  That evening she got to share her birthday dinner of choice (Daddy's cheeseburgers, grilled out in the very cold January weather) and dessert of choice (Oreo balls and Uncle Bob's Moosetracks ice cream) with both sets of grandparents.

What a loved little girl!

She opened a few more presents...

...including a very sweet book that Adelie made for her.  The book was all about Staley and included sentences like, "Staley is very sweet and kind.  She's my superstar."  And "She shares really good and she's really good at playing."  And "Staley is perfect to be my sister."  Love it!!

However, Staley's biggest present from us that evening was revealing her birthday activity.  I had informed Staley that instead of a birthday party this year, we would be doing a birthday activity.  So on her birthday, I used her secret code kit to write out a reveal in code that she had to solve.  And the secret birthday activity was...

A fun girl's trip up to Chicago to visit the American Girl Store!!

It was such a fun trip that I think it deserves its very own post.  So stay tuned...