Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 22, 2018

Briggs Says...

Briggs is continually cracking me up with the cute little things he says.  He's got lots of cute mispronunciations and misconceptions and misunderstandings.  He's at a really fun (and funny) age.  I know that some of these may not translate well into writing, but I want to archive them here to help me remember this time in his life.

Briggs has cute little ways of saying lots of things.  He calls lollypops "wallypops" and his humidifier is his "sumidifier."  He says "lello" for yello, "farkley" for sparkley, and "sings" for things.  He also sometimes drops first syllables of words, like saying "brella" for umbrella and "struction cones" for construction cones.

Briggs often makes one syllable words into two syllable words by saying the "-ed" at the ends of words.  For example, he will say "I bonk-ed my head" or "I dropp-ed my cup."

Briggs likes to help in the kitchen.  If someone is cooking in the kitchen, Briggs will say, "I want to help make."  He doesn't say "make dinner" or "make cookies" or "make lunch."  Just "I want to help make."

The other night, we were talking about Paris and Europe.  Briggs was confused, thinking we were talking about carrots and syrup.

Briggs loves to make his sisters laugh.  Unfortunately, he has realized that "potty talk" always gets his sisters giggling.  He is now constantly talking about pee-pee and poo-poo and tooting and bottoms and being naked and shaking his bootie.  He has also learned how to make himself burp at the dinner table.  I blame his Y chromosome.

If Briggs is playing with something breakable or one of his sister's special things or something really small, I often tell him to be careful with it so it doesn't get lost or broken.  The other night I was putting Briggs's lotion on him after bath.  He said, "Don't put lotion on my tummy."  When I asked him why I couldn't put lotion on his tummy, he said, "Because it's small and special and glass."

Briggs gets many of his clothes as hand-me-downs from his cousin Liam, who is 7.  The other morning Briggs told me, "My shoes are too tight so we can give them to Liam."

The other day I was telling Adelie that she was going to Melody's house for a playdate.  Briggs asked if he was going to.  I told him, "No.  Only Adelie gets to go."  Briggs responded, "Maybe I can go when I'm a girl."  I guess he's blaming that Y chromosome too.

I love this little guy and all the ways he makes me smile.
Those ways include the pajama-rainboots (on the wrong feet)-balloon ensemble.