My baby girl is 7 years old today. How did that happen?
From the moment Staley was born, my world changed. As a newborn infant, she began teaching me so much. She taught me that I can have a fierce and unconditional love that supersedes any of my selfish desires, and that there is nothing I wouldn't do to love and protect my children. She taught me that everything I thought I knew about parenting is a mere speck compared to everything I don't know about parenting. She taught me that someone else's successes and failures can mean more to me than my own. She taught me that I cannot be the mother I want to be all the time, but that she will continue to love me just the same. And she taught me that life is sweeter...and better...and fuller...and happier with her in it.
Staley has been teaching me for 7 years, and I still have so much more to learn. But one thing I know for certain--I couldn't love this girl any more.
Happy birthday to my amazing baby girl!!!
