We got snow on Christmas Eve, and 3 weeks later, it's still here. That is because it has been FRIGID outside. And since the temperature has been hanging out in the single digits, I have not taken the kids out to play in the snow. (Refer to my first sentence.) Today with the weather reaching a balmy 33 degrees, I decided I could brave the cold to accommodate the playing-in-the-snow request that my kids have been making for the past 3 weeks.
The 30 minutes it takes to get everyone bundled up and ready to head outside is a little more worth it now since we played outside for about an hour and a half.
Unlike last year, Briggs was able to walk around in the snow without falling down. And, also unlike last year, when he did fall down, he didn't cry about it. Winner, winner!!
We made a snowman. (Well, mostly me.) I pulled them around the backyard on a sled. They had great fun sliding down our super slippery slide into a big snow pile. And they used shovels and buckets to make snow castles. All in all, it was big fun...and the best workout I've had in awhile.
We topped off our snowy fun with hot chocolate, cookies, and a warm play bath.
After the 30 minutes it took to get ready, the long time we spent outside, and the great fun the kids had playing in the bath, our morning flew by. We had to rush to eat lunch and get Adelie to pre-school on time.
Now that we can cross snowy fun off our list for the winter, the snow is welcome to melt. Maybe we can do this again one day next year.
