Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Briggs's Birthday

As I was writing the party blog post, I realized that I never blogged about Briggs's actual birthday.  I might have forgotten to blog about it because it was pretty uneventful.  Briggs's birthday was a cold, dreary day.  Since Briggs is generally happy playing at home, we just enjoyed a leisurely day at home rather than braving the weather for a birthday outing.  We played train table.  We played cars and trucks.  Briggs took a good nap.  And then Briggs enjoyed his birthday dinner of choice (meatballs) and dessert of choice (brownies and ice cream) with Grammie and Grandpa, followed by a few presents.  It wasn't super exciting, but Briggs had a great day nonetheless.

Blowing out his birthday candle.

Adelie was VERY eager to help Briggs open his gifts.  She had to be reminded many times to let him open his own gifts.

The girls had decided that they wanted to make Briggs rocks and boulders for his birthday that he could use with his diggers and trains.  Since most of our Play Doh was already gray from mixing all the colors together, the girls fashioned a variety of sizes and shapes of "rocks" out of Play Doh.  Then we let them dry and Briggs now has lots of rocks that his diggers can scoop up, his dump trucks can haul, and that he can pile up on his train tracks.  He loved his gift from his sisters, and I love their creative minds.

Briggs only request for his birthday was a shovel for digging in the dirt.  Done!

A shovel, brownies, play time at home, and lots of love from family.  What more could a 3 year old want???