Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Merry Christmas to Me

I finally got to enjoy my big Christmas gift from Zach this week-end as we enjoyed a long week-end get-away to St. Louis together.  I love my kids and I love traveling with my kids, but there are also so many things to love about a kid-free week-end.

I love sleeping in.
I love long, leisurely meals at nice restaurants.
I love uninterrupted conversations.
I love not having to worry about schedules and naps and potty breaks.
I love packing light.
I love making decisions as we go.
I love grown-up entertainment.
Did I mention sleeping in?

We had a lovely St. Louis week-end.  We slept in.  We shopped.  We went running.  We ate at fabulous restaurants.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather while meandering around the zoo and Forest Park.  (Even without kids, I still love the St. Louis zoo.)  And we went to the Fox Theater to see 'Chicago.'  I love my kids, but I also love my kid-free week-ends...

...especially when I get to share them with this man!
Merry Christmas to me!!