Staley now loves to sit on her 'own teeny-tiny potty.' She did actually pee in her potty a few weeks ago, but she didn't even realize that she had gone, so I don't really count that as success. For the past week or two, Staley has been telling us that she needs to 'poo-poo on potty' right after she has filled her pants. That's progress, right?
This morning, Staley and I were playing in the playroom. Staley stopped her play and told me, "Go potty." We headed on upstairs for a little potty time. Staley's diaper was clean and mostly dry. She sat on her potty and asked to read a few books. I read her several books and after sitting for about 8-10 minutes (with no action), I asked if she was done. She said, "Still going potty. More books." I walked into her room to grab a few more books and a few moments later, my bare-bottomed little girl walked in after me saying, "Pee-pee potty." We went back into the bathroom and, sure enough, she had gone. Oh, the excitement from Staley that she had "water in own teeny-tiny potty" AND that she got to flush it down the 'big potty.' Of course, she's had a wet diaper since and, when asked before nap, did not want to sit on her potty. I don't think we're going to start potty training boot camp or invest in big-girl underpants quite yet, but it's a start. Maybe that will be Staley's Christmas gift to us. Here's hoping!!
Staley's own teeny-tiny potty
