Mother's Day is a great day to reflect on how blessed I am in my life. Not only am I so blessed to be a mom, but I am so, so blessed to have two wonderful moms who help me, support me, love me, and provide an example for me of what a mom should be.
I am so thankful for Zach's mom. She is generous and thoughtful and loving, which are all traits she has instilled in her son that make him such a wonderful husband and father. She is always willing to help out at a moment's notice. If I need anything, I know I can count on her. She rarely drops by empty handed. It may be fresh fruit or a pair of sandals or some fun magazines or just a little treat that she thought we'd like, but the way she always seems to know just what we need is amazing. She has boundless love for the kids and is a constant presence in their lives. Whether it's grandparents day or a soccer game or a play or a church musical, Uma is always there. And just as the kids look forward to play dates and sleepovers and special time at Uma and Papa's, I always look forward to time with Uma for shopping trips and evenings out and family get-togethers. Zach is an amazing man, and I owe so much thanks to the parents who raised him that way. I am so blessed to be married to him and just as blessed to be a part of his amazing family. How lucky I am to have Cathy as my mother-in-law!
I love you, Cathy!
I hope someday my kids still need me as much as I still need my mom. It's hard to find the right words. Thank you never seems adequate to the person who raised me, who sacrificed, who endured sleepless nights and teenage attitude, who loved me unconditionally even when I wasn't very lovable. Thank you doesn't seem enough for the training and teaching and wisdom and support and love that were, and are, provided for me on a consistent basis. Thank you doesn't encompass the gratitude I feel for the way her time and energy and presence and love are poured into my children's lives. Thank you is too small for the many ways I counted on her as a child and the ways I still do as an adult. I may be 41 years old and raising 3 kids of my own, but I still need my mom.
I love you, Mom!
Happy Mother's Day!!
