First day of 4 year old pre-school
Last day of 4 year old preschool
Adelie had another great year of pre-school. She always loved going to school. And although she told me her favorite thing about pre-school was snack, I know that she also loved her teacher, loved her friends, and learned so much. For the little girl who didn't even know all her letters going into this year, my Adelie is now sounding out words and spelling some sight words...and is so proud of herself.
We loved Mrs. Ferguson and were so glad that Adelie got to have her as a teacher the past 2 years.
First day of first grade
Last day of first grade
Staley had a great year in first grade. Our backyard neighbor was in her class this year and has become her best friend. Staley enjoyed the kids in her class. She loved being in a special reading group for advanced readers that she called "reading club." Her teacher was a highlight for her this year. She loved Mr. Garber, always coming home and telling us about the funny things he did or said. I know she learned plenty throughout the year in school. However today she told me, "We are going to learn cursive writing in second grade, but I don't want you to teach me cursive over the summer. Since Kindergarten and first grade were really easy, I want to have something to learn in second grade."
Mr. Garber was a great teacher for Staley.
So apparently the school year highlight for Adelie was snack time and Staley didn't think she learned anything this year. I don't know if I'd count those as the true signs of a successful school year. I count the friendships, the improved test scores, the new skills, and the two girls who were always ready to enjoy another day at school. It was a great year for these two. And just like that, I have a second grader and a Kindergartener. How did that happen??
