Adelie and Staley are both playing on baseball teams this summer. Staley had to miss her team's two practices because of conflicts with her acting class. Her first game was tonight, so after work I was trying to practice with Staley a little in the driveway before her game. I was trying to teach her how to turn her glove so that she could catch a ball that was coming towards her, but she just wanted to keep her palm facing up with the hope that the ball would land in her glove. I told her, "If someone throws the ball to you and you don't turn your glove to catch it, the ball is just going to hit you in the face." Staley replied, "I'll just jump out of the way. I'm really good at dodgeball."
#missingthepoint
As I continued to try to show Staley how to properly catch the ball, she finally said, "I don't even want to play baseball if I can't do it the way I want."
#whoneedscoaches
Maybe organized sports just isn't going to be her thing.