Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  I told my kids that all I wanted for Mother's Day was one full day of no crying, no arguing, no tattling, and no complaining.  And although I didn't get what I asked for, I did get a nice, relaxing, love-filled day.

I skipped Sunday School and went for a morning run while Zach got the kids up, ready, and out the door for church.  I came home from my run to a quiet house and was able to leisurely just get myself ready for church.

I enjoyed a yummy lunch and dessert at my mom's house that I didn't have to cook.

Anytime one of the kids had a need, I just responded, "Ask your dad."

I felt justified in sitting inside on the couch and visiting with my sister-in-laws and my mom while the dads supervised the kids playing outside.

I ate a yummy dinner and dessert at Zach's mom's house that I didn't have to cook.

I didn't feel bad about serving myself first and claiming my spot at the non-kid table.

My kids showered me with homemade gifts and pictures and cards, although the girls couldn't quite wait to give me everything they made so I did open a few of my gifts on Friday to appease them.

I spent the day feeling loved and appreciated and thankful.  So, so thankful that I get the privilege of being a mom to these three.  Even though I didn't get exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day, I have exactly what I want in my every day.

I couldn't be more blessed!