Like last season, I was an assistant coach for Adelie's team. And although I have slightly more knowledge than I did my first time around, most of my role was providing positive support, cheering for our team, reminding them when they were heading in the wrong direction, and keeping them corralled when it wasn't their turn to be playing. Those were all things I felt well equipped to handle.
Adelie enjoyed all the other kids on her team. It was a nice group of kids, which made the experience more fun for all of us. And although Adelie liked being on the field playing, she also enjoyed hanging out with her friends on the bench and eating snack after the game.
After 2 seasons of soccer, Staley declared that she was done playing soccer. Adelie has already asked if she can play again next time. I'm not sure if soccer is going to be Adelie's "thing", but for now it looks like it will stay in the mix. Since soccer generally involves sitting outside in nice spring and fall weather, I'm all for it.
Bye, soccer.
See you again in the fall.


